Monday, February 16, 2015

In which I live-tweet Saturday night at the pub. In sarcastic font.


I went out Saturday night. This is a relatively rare event for me, but I was invited to my friend Madeleine's birthday celebration, and it sounded like it was going to be fun.

And it was. Fun. So much fun. We were all crowded into a small pub in the Glebe, drinking beer on tap and dancing to Pleasure Craft, a retro 70s band. They were great. The crowd was really into it, and the vibe was infectious. I danced my ass off, ricocheting off the other people on the tiny dancefloor.

The crowd was.....interesting. I was unable to rein in my snarkiness. I blame the Church-Key Scotch Ale. I probably shouldn't be allowed access to Twitter when under the influence of alcohol and sarcasm.



























'Peg' not 'Meg'. Stupid autocorrect.

After wishing Madeleine and the rest of the party goodnight at 1 a.m., I headed back to where I was parked, humming Steely Dan to myself as I walked the snowy sidewalks, lost in memories of high school.



I started my car and let it warm up while I brushed the newly fallen snow off the windshield.  Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me' on the radio vaulted me back into 2015, and I drove home, tired and happy.

Thanks, Madeleine. I had a blast.

2 comments:

  1. https://icemakershub.com/best-clear-ice-makers-gourmet-ice-machines/ Tell us about the party. Nobody needs paper letters, so notify everyone about the party on social networks or instant messengers. Then write to your friends (how they can help you, we will discuss below) and send out reminders a couple of days before the event, especially if you ask guests to come with their food or drinks. And do not forget to talk about the party with the people you communicate with! Everyone should look forward to this day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The global Pressure Washer Market size is expected to grow from USD 2.5 billion in 2021 to USD 3.0 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 4.2%. The growth of the market is attributed to increasing construction activities worldwide, rising number of car washing stations, and growing demand for pressure washers for commercial applications. However, factors such as availability of alternative cleaning methods and high risk associated with the use of pressure washers are restraining the market growth. On the flip side, rising adoption of pressure washers for residential applications and development of AI based pressure washers are expected to create opportunities for the adoption of pressure washers in the coming years.

    ReplyDelete